THE ENTREPRENEURSHIP CHALLENGE 2017
This is a capacity building and dream fulfilling initiative by the ASK Network, identifying entrepreneurial ideas and passion and offering great opportunity for teams to start their own enterprises, be financially independent, create jobs and contribute to the economic development of families, communities and the nation.
The Entrepreneurship Challenge offers the winner a coaching experience with the ASK Network management team with dedicated member support to develop the identified business idea or plan.
A seed capital reward of Ghc 15,000.00 minimum is granted to support the business idea for full take off.
A monitoring team also regularly engages winners and offers post competition guidance and training for a year to ensure the business is solidly grounded and running.
- Must be a team of minimum 3 and maximum 5 members
- There is no age limit on the team members
- The business idea presented must be very genuine, practical and workable
- The idea should have a budget that can start with the seed capital of 15,000ghs
- Entry must be submitted before or by midnight of the final date advertised
- A member can be in only one team in each year of the competition
- Each team can make only one business plan entry per competition year
***Other terms and conditions apply
How to enter the challenge
- Identify a novel business idea that meets a social need.
- Form a team to develop the idea and prepare a business plan
- Submit the business plan to www.asknetworkgh.com before deadline.
- Teams should register and attend the Movers and Shakers Conference at University of Ghana (July 27 -30, 2017) to check shortlisting status, prepare an oral presentation, and be present to be announced
Your Business proposal should seek to answer following:
- The name of your business
- Team members and their roles (3-5)
- Describe your business in one sentence
- What is your business proposition and why do you think it’s a good idea?
- How did you come up with the idea?
- Who are your customers and how will you reach them?
- Who are you competing with and how will you beat them?
- How will your product be produced/how will your service be carried out?
- How much do the product(s)/services(s) cost to produce/deliver?
- What will your product/service cost to the customer
- How will the product(s)/service(s) be delivered to the customer?
- How many staff will you need to run the business?
- Please tell us what licenses/certification/qualifications you need to operate your business? How will you obtain this?
- Which third parties are involved in the operational side of the business?
- What is success for your business?